Icy Fruit Gazpacho with Spicy Grilled Shrimp
2 cups vegetable juice blend
2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1-1/2 cups DOLE® Frozen Tropical Gold® Pineapple Chunks,
partially thawed, divided
1-1/2 cups DOLE Frozen Mango Chunks, partially thawed, divided
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
1 cup orange juice
1 pound medium-large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons dry Creole seasoning
Mint sprigs (optional)
1) Combine vegetable juice, tomatoes, 1 cup each pineapple and mango chunks, honey and chili garlic sauce in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth.
2) Add remaining pineapple and mango chunks and mint; pulse 2 or 3 times just to chop fruit.
3) Pour into large bowl; stir in orange juice; chill.
4) Toss shrimp with Creole seasoning in large bowl to coat well. Grill over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until pink, turning once.
5) Serve chilled gazpacho in shallow bowls. Top with cooked shrimp. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Variation: Cook shrimp in two batches, in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat in 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Copyright © 2012 Anthus, LLC. All rights reserved.
Designed ByAdelman Enterprises, Inc.